UPDATE: no position available for 2021
Have you thought about taking leave from your current teaching role to spend a year in the tertiary environment ?
The University of Auckland Department of Mathematics host a secondary school each year. During the fellowship you might be found teaching mathematics courses and running outreach activities, engaging in professional development and university study to upskill in mathematics while gaining valuable research experience.
The current fellow is Annie Mathew from Southern Cross Campus. Previous fellows include Kim Locke, Rangitoto College and in 2018 Jared Hockly Western Springs College
To apply for the fellowship you should
- Have a degree with a major in mathematics, or equivalent
- Have at least four years of recent experience teaching secondary school mathematics in New Zealand
- Be teaching mathematics in a New Zealand school currently
- Hold New Zealand permanent residency or citizenship
- Have a proven record of success as a teacher of senior mathematics
Applications for the 2021 fellowship close August 5
More information and application details are here https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/science/business-and-community-engagement/schools/mathematics-teaching-fellowship.html