The Ministry of Education have released more information relating to the new Level 1 standards.
The big ideas section of mathematics and statistics home page has been reformatted
A short video has been added to the page with members of the subject groups reflecting on the journey so far. These videos are available for all SEGS.
This release of information is related to the Assessment section particularly for the two internal standards;
- 1.1 Explore data using a statistical enquiry process and
- 1.2 Explore mathematical problems that relate to life in Aotearoa New Zealand or the Pacific
For these two standards there are now a further 4 sub-sections
- Standard – achivement criteria and explanatory notes
- Conditions – standard specific conditions of assessment that should be read in conjunction with the general conditions of assessment for all standards ( transferred from existing NZQA site)
- Unpacking – further elaboration of the standard
- Activities – sample student activities and Teacher resources ( assessment schedules)
A summary of the published materials can be viewed in this document: TOD 3 NCEA Materials Description
More information for the 3rd Teacher only day has been published on the Teacher only days section of new NCEA website and in Learning Management System (LMS) – note access to the materials is via the “Enter as Guest” option only. Logging in with your personal login will show the folders as empty.