- Are you a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident ?
- Will you be finishing your 3rd consecutive year of teaching this year ?
- Did you gain your provisional registration and start teaching in 2018 and within 12 months of graduating ?
- Have you been working 0.5FTTE or more ?
- Are you teaching in a state school ?
If you answer yes to all the above and you are teaching mathematics & statistics, any science subject, Te reo Māori and any technology subject then you may qualify for the voluntary bonding award of $10,500.
If you are working in a Decile 1 or isolated school then you may be eligible for additional payments up to $17 500.
Applications must be submitted before June 2021 as no retrospective payments will be processed.
Eligible teachers who began teaching in 2019 or this year can apply at the end of their 3rd consecutive year.
The voluntary bonding scheme applies to graduate teachers in Decile 1 and isolated schools and was expanded from 2018 to include Decile 2 and Decile 3 schools in Auckland and also all teachers of mathematics & statistics, science, Te reo Māori and technology subjects in any state school. 2020 is the first year application can be made under the expansion of the scheme.
share with your colleagues