Lots of professional learning opportunities available from the comfort of home live and on-demand
Here is what is coming up as we head towards the end of term including the first of our AMAonline in the evenings on July 1
- Today : Wednesday 24 June, 3:40pm to 4:40pm Tapasā Cultural competencies for teachers of Pacific Learners. Workshop Series 1/5. Tapasā what is it? The Pasifika Success Compass, Where am I know? More info & to register
- Thursday 25th June Ministry of Education: Focusing on the learner – Junior secondary See Below for the link
- Thursday 25th June 7:00pm Why Critical Literacy is important a panel discussion with Susan Sandretto, Matua Mike Paki and others hosted by Alana Madgwick : More info & to register
- Wednesday July 1, Tapasā Workshop Series 2/5. Ngā Turu. The competencies
- AMAonline Wednesday July 1 at 7.30pm to 8:20pm: Weaving together mathematics and literacy so all students will thrive with Alana Madgwick & Robyn Headifen More Info & to register
MOE: Focusing on the learner – junior secondary
Click this link to watch live at 4pm Thursday 25 June This is the last webinar this term.
The theme of 1 June 11 MOE Focusing on the learner – Primary webinar continues this time with a focus on the junior secondary learner – shining the light on learners who are in years 9 and 10.
The panel will discuss recognising and responding to learner gain and coverage of learning after lockdown, adapting to blended learning environments and keeping hauora and wellbeing in mind.
The panel will include:
- Ruth Snowden – principal advisor, Ministry of Education (host)
- Laurayne Tafa – associate consultant, Cognition
- Gayas Fathima – parent, bringing their perspective
- Meredith Ellingham – teacher at Tamatea High School
- Sophie Ralph – hauora leader and deputy principal, Rolleston College.
If you are intersted in the MOE’s panel discussion from June 18 watch here Senior secondary looking past Covid
This week on the Education Hub hosted Distinguished Professor Viviane Robinson in a webinar on shifting the focus from change to improvement which you can watch here
NCTM continue their 100 days of professional learning – You will find something interesting amongst both their upcoming webinars and their past recordings, check them out here
and of course do not forget to go back and view the sessions you missed from our first ever AMA online event on Saturday 13th June